The 2nd Equine Industry Symposium will take place at the Lifetime Learning Centre in the Ontario Veterinary College at the University of Guelph on February 10th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The theme of this year’s symposium is Youth Engagement – recruitment, engagement, succession. The facilitator for the day will be former Equestrian Canada CEO Akaash Maharaj, who will be joined by an array of knowledgeable guest speakers for the morning session:
- Dr. Heather Ramey, Humber College – psychological factors and benefits of youth engagement
- Jenny Mayer, Agscape – using the school system as a model for youth engagement
- Kim Leffley, National Pony Club – youth engagement through industry initiatives
- Pam Coburn, Ontario Equestrian – youth engagement through industry initiatives
- David Reynolds, INAC Services – government funding opportunities for employers
In the afternoon, interactive round table sessions will be held to discuss opportunities and strategies for developing, sustaining and maintaining youth engagement in the equine industry.
Registration is free, but you must preregister through www.Eventbrite.com. Lunch and refreshments throughout the day will be provided. More information on the Symposium can be found on Facebook and here.
Round out your day by attending the Equine Career Night being hosted by the BBRM Equine Management students in Peter Clark Hall at the University of Guelph from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Hear talks about unique equine careers, visit exhibitor booths and network with equine professionals.