1. About Horse Publications Group
2. The Collection of Personal Information
Canadian privacy legislation defines personal information broadly as information about “an identifiable individual” or as information that allows an individual to be identified. The types of personal information that we may collect from you from time to time include: your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, your forwarding address (e.g. during a vacation), previous address(es), payment information (for billing purposes), your mailing preferences (such as “no wrappers”, etc.), delivery instructions, and individual customer service preferences (such as “do not solicit”). In addition, from time to time, we may ask you to provide us with more detailed information regarding your interests, occupation, and background. For example, we sometimes ask our customers to complete surveys in order to get a better sense of who they are and what issues, products or services may be of interest to them and our readership. Finally, we use the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data (ie: Cookies and Usage data) collected to track and examine the use of www.Horse-Canada.com, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services. Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. Visitors can opt-out of the Google Analytics Advertising Features, including through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps, or any other available means by using this service: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
3. Why we Collect your Personal Information
We collect your personal information for the purposes listed below: (a) To provide the product, service or information you requested If you are a customer of one of our publications, we use your name and address (postal and/or e-mail) in order to deliver the product, service or information you requested and to follow up with you about the transaction (i.e., send a bill, notify you that your subscription is expiring, etc.). If you enter into a contest offered through one of our websites or printed publications, we use your personal information to administer the contest on our ownbehalf or on behalf of our sponsors. (b) To process payment Your credit card number, debit card number, or banking information for pre-authorized payments is used only for processing payments and for presenting you with payment options – not for marketing purposes. (c) To send you information From time to time we may send you further information about the publication, its offers, or otherproducts produced under its name. (d) Other purposes In addition, from time to time, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to detect and protect HPG and other third parties against error, fraud, theft and other illegal activity, and to audit compliance with HPG policies and contractual obligations;
- to understand your needs and preferences, including to contact and communicate with you and to conduct surveys, research and evaluations;
- to obtain audited statements regarding numbers of subscribers per publication;
- to engage in business transactions, including the purchase, sale, lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, securitization or financing involving HPG;
- for any other purpose we may indicate to you from time to time.
4. The Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
5. Control of your Personal Information
At HPG, we want you to be able to maintain control over how we use your personal information. In particular:
- You may have the right to “opt out” of some or all of the identified purposes, uses and disclosures listed in sections 3 and 4 above.
- You always have the option to instruct us not to use your name, address, e-mail address, etc. beyond providing you with the product, service or information you requested. See “Contact Us” below.
- E-mail communications will always include an identification of the sender and an “Unsubscribe” option. If you receive a mailing from any of our consumer magazines and you wish to know the source of your name (i.e. what list it came from), we will make every reasonable effort to determine the source and provide you with the information. For this request, or to confirm that any personal information we may have is correct, please contact us (See “Contact Us” below). (Note that some account information can be confirmed by visiting the customer care section of our consumer magazine websites).
As mentioned above, we may not be able to provide you with our services if you withdraw your consent to our use of your personal information.
6. The Storage and Protection of Your Personal Information
Your personal information is stored in secured locations and on servers controlled by HPG, located either at our offices or at the offices of our service providers. We make every reasonable effort to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. Our security policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary. Only authorized employees and suppliers have access to your personal information. Where information is sent to a third party for processing, we make sure, through our contracts with them, that all your information is kept secure. We keep your information for the time we are providing you with a product or service, and for a reasonable time thereafter in the event that you wish to resume service. We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Credit card information is processed using industry-standard encryption and security.
8. Privacy and our websites
10. Contact Us
copyright © horse-canada.com 2014