Fast and Female Summits are the ultimate full day of inspiration, empowerment and education for girls, parents and coaches in all sports. Their aim is to counter the phenomenon which sees girls as being six times more likely than boys to drop out of sports by the time they are 14 years old. The program is aimed at female athletes aged eight to 18.
The 2015 edition will take place April 12th at the Richmond Olympic Oval in Richmond, B.C. The cost is $45 per person. Click here to register. The deadline is April 10th.
The full day event will include the following activities:
• Inspirational presentations by female ambassadors including ski cross racer Georgia Simmerling, mountain biker Micayla Gatto and cross country Olympian Chandra Crawford.
• Leadership and team building stations
• Dryland component (multi sport skill development)
• Sport psychologyand nutrition presentations
• Fun and social activity (dance, dream big craft projects, yoga, or video making depending on the age group
Contact Solana Klassen at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.fastandfemale.com/summits to learn more.