The next Equestrian Canada (EC) National Equine Disease & Welfare Surveillance Call is coming up on June 6, 2018 at 12 p.m. ET.
The June 6 call will include an update from Jean Szkotnicki, President of the Canadian Animal Health Institute (CAHI) regarding Health Canada’s proposed increase to service fees for the review and maintenance of veterinary drugs.
The call will be facilitated by Dr. Melanie Barham, DMV, PMP, Co-Chair of the EC Health & Welfare Committee and Ontario Animal Health Network Coordinator at the University of Guelph. Please note that the call will be recorded for online publication.
Toll Free Call-In Number: 1-855-392-2520
Access Passcode: 7125728
1. Welcome & Introduction – Dr. Melanie Barham
2. Equine Health Surveillance Network Update – Dr. Cheryl James & Dr. Keith Murch
3. EC Health & Welfare Update – Dr. Melanie Barham
4. Veterinary Drug Fees Update – Jean Szkotnicki – CAHI
5. EC Medications Committee Update – Shauna Curran-Cooper
A printable PDF of the call information and agenda, along with previous National Disease Surveillance Call recordings can be found at www.equestrian.ca/industry/health/disease.
Questions regarding the EC National Equine Disease & Welfare Surveillance Calls can be directed to:
Manager, Welfare and Identification
1-866-282-8395 x 120