Equine Canada Export Market Development Seminars
The 2011 Equine Canada Annual Convention has been moved up a week this year, and the Breeds & Industry (B&I) Division Assembly, which will be held on the afternoon of Friday, January 28 and all day Saturday, January 29, includes an exciting lineup of seminars offered as part of the Equine Canada Export Marketing Development...
The 2011 Equine Canada Annual Convention has been moved up a week this year, and the Breeds & Industry (B&I) Division Assembly, which will be held on the afternoon of Friday, January 28 and all day Saturday, January 29, includes an exciting lineup of seminars offered as part of the Equine Canada Export Marketing Development program.
“We continue to expand and update the export preparedness seminars available to all breeders of Canadian-bred horses, and I’m so pleased to be able to offer these seminars as a part of the standard $50 Equine Canada Annual Convention delegate fee,” stated Susan Stewart, Equine Canada Breeds & Industry Division Coordinator Export Market Development. “This program is run on such a slim budget, and we manage our priorities very carefully. Combining the opportunity to actively engage in the assembly activities, with these insightful seminars, is important for the growth and success of all participants in this industry.”
Friday’s Export Seminar Topics:
• The Importance of Branding Canada’s Equine Industry: A Case Study of the Canadian Tourism Commission’s revitalized tourism brand—Canada. Keep exploring—that moved Canada to first place in 2010 as the most respected country brand in the world
• Collective Marketing using the Canada Brand for Agriculture
• Financing Equine Exports through Export Development Canada
• Social Media: Developing Strategies for Promoting Canada’s Horses and Expertise Internationally
• Tourism and the Equine Industry Connect: Developing Equine Agri-Tourism to Promote Canadian Horse Breeding, Horses for Sale and Canadian Expertise Internationally
Saturday’s B&I Assembly & Export Seminar Topics:
• Council Nominations
• Equine Tourism Case Study: Equine Establishments and Activities Benefiting from The Hills of Headwaters Tourism
• Equine Canada Export Market Development Strategy for Canadian-bred Horses
• Equine Code of Practice Renewal Underway in Canada
• Social Media: Developing Social Media Strategies and Using them to Communicate with Equine Industry Stakeholders
• Presentations By Breeds & Industry Council Nominees
• Equine Canada Health & Welfare Committee
• West Hawk Lake Zoning
• Canada’s 2010 National Equine Industry Research Study
• National Equine ID
• Breeds & Industry Council Election
• Breeds & Industry Division Business Plan and Budget
• Equine Canada Bylaw Changes
• Breeds & Industry Division Future
A detailed agenda and registration forms for the B&I Assembly and Export Seminars may be obtained on the Equine Canada website at www.equinecanada.ca/ecconvention under the section entitled Clinics.
Following the Saturday’s activities, the Equine Canada National Awards Gala will be held in the Panorama Room of the National Arts Centre. The National Awards are intended to recognize individuals who have made a significant impact in the Canadian equestrian industry. Tickets for the gala may also be purchases through the site.
This year’s convention will be held at the Lord Elgin Hotel in Ottawa. Those acting quickly may take advantage of the preferred rate for rooms at the hotel by calling 1-800-267-4298 and indicating that you are attending the Equine Canada Convention.
Updates on the seminars leading up to the convention, may be found on the Equine Canada Export Market Development Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ECExport.