The Canadian Federal and Provincial Governments have introduced a wide range of programs including grants, loans and other funding options for Canadian Farmers and Agri-Business, for 2019 and beyond.
Of particular interest to farmers should be the targeted programs for particular geographic areas. Some of the areas of focus for programs include the Provinces of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Manitoba, Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, and Ontario. Farmers located in the high priority areas are encouraged to apply for funding in a timely fashion. Farm Grants and Farm Loans are just some of the funding opportunities that are currently available to Canadian producers.
Some of the types of projects that are often eligible for government funding include:
- Equipment purchase or leasing
- Purchasing a new farm or farm land
- Building and leasehold improvements
- Livestock and equipment tracking
- Livestock and equipment financing
- Farm Technology upgrades
- On-farm energy efficiency programs
- Farm projects to reduce environmental impact
- Subsidies for Farm Employees
- Agricultural R&D
If you would like to verify your potential eligibility for Government Business Grants, Loans or Subsidies for a Farm, Agri-Business or other enterprise please use the Funding Finder.
Recently funded 2019 programs have limited budgets. Applicants are served on a first-come-first-served basis. Click here to learn more.