Hello everyone, I hope this email finds you well and safe.
As we move through these unprecedented times, I wanted to provide an update to keep you all informed.
Currently, we are planning the frame work of precautionary measures needed to ensure the safety of everyone at CARD when operations resume. We are continuing to watch and monitor the situation with COVID-19 for news on how and when we might be able to re-open. This will be dependent on a number of situations:
- Re-opening at CARD will be dependent on when the city re-opens its parks and the guidelines of social distancing.
- Requirements of CanTRA who is our insurance provider and governing body for Therapeutic Riding in Canada.
- City of Toronto and Provincial regulations.
- Our June AGM has been postponed until further notice and we will advise with 30 days notice when it will take place.
- Mini Royal has been postponed until early fall, date TBD given the current COVID situation and social distancing.
- Volunteer Service Awards are postponed until the fall. We appreciate you more than you know and look forward to seeing you once again.
- For anyone who has signed up for our spring program, summer camp and fall program (registration for fall 2020 has not opened) we will not be processing any payments until you are notified prior to doing so and confirming your commitment.
The Board Executive and I are meeting via conference call on a weekly basis to stay up-to-date on the current conditions and determine what our contingency plans may look like moving forward.
I want to thank all those who contributed to our Help the Herd campaign. “Thank You” together we have raised $26,000.00. As a Non-Profit/Charity we need to continue to raise funds to ensure that when we re-open CARD is ready to provide the great services we have for the past 50 years.
The staff at CARD are all doing well, and look forward to getting back to the office to see all of you soon. The herd are all doing very well, and Scot has been working endlessly to maintain their well being.
I hope this email provides you with clarity, but I do encourage you to reach out to me with any questions at [email protected]
We wish you well and please stay safe.
~ Chuck Wright, Executive Director, Community Association for Riders with Disabilities