Tina Irwin and Laurencio take Intermediate I Freestyle at AGDF
Tina Irwin (CAN) and Laurencio won the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle CDI3* at the Adequan Global Dressage Festival week 3 in Wellington, FL.
Competition for the third week of the Adequan® Global Dressage Festival (AGDF) in Wellington, FL, continued on Saturday, January 26, with a win for Tina Irwin (CAN) and Laurencio in the FEI Intermediate I Freestyle CDI3*, presented by Horseware Ireland.
Irwin and Laurencio, her 12-year-old Oldenburg gelding by Laurentio, earned a score of 75.900%. “He has a temperament of 10, a 10 out of 10. This horse is phenomenal. I’ve had since he was four years old and trained him up from the beginning to the grand prix level,” said Irwin about her partner Laurencio. “I can really put him in any atmosphere and he’s the same; he’s as steady as they come. I feel very lucky.”
“The highlight was the harmony. It was really fluid, and Laurencio was very rideable and everything just flowed,” added Irwin about her test. “I held back a bit on my first centerline. I usually enter in two tempis and I didn’t do that this time. I could up my degree of difficulty a little bit; I could always push for more expression and for more energy for sure.”
Irwin and Laurencio began competing in CDI competition at AGDF in 2016. “There are so many things I love about coming here,” she said. “[I love] the weather first of all, I love the community, I love the atmosphere, I like the people, and it’s just a really phenomenal place to be. If you want to be competitive, you have to come to Florida. This is where the best come in North America.”
In the FEI Intermediate I CDI1*, presented by Discover Dressage, Lindsay Kellock (CAN) and Floratina, a 11-year-old Hanoverian mare by Fidertantz owned by Chloe Gasiorowski, won with a score of 71.471%.
AGDF will resume for Week 5 with CDI5* competition, which runs from February 6-10. For more information and to see a full list of results, please visit www.globaldressagefestival.com.
Final Results: FEI Intermediate I Freestyle CDI3*, presented by Horseware Ireland
1. Tina Irwin (CAN), Laurencio, 12-year-old Oldenburg gelding by Laurentio x Pasadena owned by Tina Irwin: 76.875%, 75.375%, 76.500%, 76.750%, 74.000%, 75.900%
2. Jennifer Baumert (USA), Handsome, 14-year-old Hanoverian gelding by Hochadel x Wyona owned by Betsy Juliano LLC: 76.125%, 72.750%, 76.375%, 75.250%, 76.375%, 75.375%
3. Belinda Trussell (CAN), Carlucci, 14-year-old Hanoverian gelding owned by Barbara Holden Sinclair: 72.000%, 71.625%, 76.000%, 73.000%, 72.250%, 72.975%
4. Ariana Chia (CAN), Fiderflame, 9-year-old Oldenburg gelding by Fidertanz x SPS Rose owned by Ariana Chia: 72.250%, 70.000%, 69.250%, 74.125%, 72.750%, 71.675%
5. Michael Klimke (GER), Harmony’s Sanrino RHP, 10-year-old Oldenburg gelding by San Remo x Feldhit II owned by Harmony Sporthoses: 71.125%, 71.125%, 71.625%, 70.250%, 71.000%, 71.025%
6. Nora Batchelder (USA), Faro SQF, 11-year-old Hanoverian gelding by FiderTanz x SPS Rose owned by Andrea Whitcomb: 69.250%, 68.875%, 75.500%, 73.375%, 68.000%, 71.000%
7. Yvonne De Haan (USA), Winter, 16-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding by Farrington x Tess owned by Jacek De Haan: 70.500%, 70.250%, 68.875%, 71.125%, 71.625%, 70.475%
8. Tom Dvorak (CAN), Ribot, 17-year-old Oldenburg gelding by Hilltop Reno x Corthena owned by Carla Bahr: 67.875%, 68.750%, 70.875%, 68.000%, 69.125%, 68.925%