Equine Canada would like to remind everyone that there is still time to register for the Equine Canada Annual Convention scheduled for Feb. 5 to Feb. 10, 2014 in Winnipeg, MB. Registration closes January 31, 2014 at midnight EST.
If you work with horses and horse people, are an active volunteer, coach or athlete, you’ll want to register for the convention! One registration fee gives you access to a multitude of opportunities, including keynote addresses, plenary sessions and clinics, all tailored to address the unique needs of participants involved in equestrian sport, recreation and industry.
Here are some of the event highlights you won’t want to miss:
Equine Canada Annual Awards Reception and Gala:
Friday, February 7, 2014 – 6:00-10:00 PM
• The Convention will also play host to the 2014 Equine Canada Awards Gala which consists of an evening of dining and entertainment in honour of the successes of 2013.
• The Gala will be hosted by Ottawa radio personality Sandy Sharkey.
• Sandy has been in the Radio broadcasting business for over 25 years.
• Sandy now spends most of her time photographing horses and is a frequent guest speaker, using her images to tell the stories behind these magnificent animals. She has been photographing animals and nature for years and recently started a new company, ‘Cabin Road Art’, featuring fine art animal photography.
Saturday, February 8, 2014 – 9:00-5:00 PM
• The General Stewards Clinic will be hosted by Neil Ratledge, FEI Level 3 Jumper Steward, EC Senior General Steward, and EC Senior Dressage Steward. Ratledge is also chair of the EC Stewards Committee.
Sunday, February 9, 2014 – 9:00-5:00 PM
• The Dressage Stewards Clinic will be led by Linda Miller. Her credentials include FEI Level 2 Dressage Steward, EC Senior General Steward, EC Senior Dressage Steward, and EC Senior Para-Equestrian Dressage Steward.
Equine Canada Annual General Meeting:
Friday, February 7, 2014 8:00-10:00 AM
• Join us as we review 2013 and welcome the new members of the Board of Directors for 2014.
• This meeting will begin at 8:30am CST. Attendance at this meeting is open to all members in good standing with Equine Canada.
• The AGM Agenda is now available here.
Equine Canada’s Saturday Night Social:
Saturday, February 8, 2014 6:00-11:00 PM
• Join us for a delicious Italian dinner at De Luca’s and then a guided tour that uncovers the Masonic Mysteries of the Legislative building in Winnipeg! Full details and itinerary are available on the website here.
For full information on the 2014 Equine Canada Annual Convention, including a detailed Meeting Schedule, Convention registration and AGM information, visit www.equinecanada.ca/ecconvention.