Jump Canada has announced the riders chosen to represent Canada in the G&C Farm CSIO4* and the FEI Young Riders Nations Cup, presented by Hollow Creek Farm during the FTI Consulting Winter Equestrian Festival in Wellington, FL, Feb. 26 – Mar. 2, 2014.
The Canadian Team competing in the $75,000 Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™, presented by G&C Farm, will be comprised of the following riders and horses:
• Yann Candele of Caledon, ON, on Watermark Group’s Showgirl, a 2000 Selle Francaise mare;
• Tiffany Foster of Vancouver, BC, on Artisan Farm’s Victor, a 2003 Dutch Warmblood gelding;
• Eric Lamaze of Schomberg, ON, on Artisan Farm’s Powerplay, a 2004 Holsteiner gelding;
• Ian Millar of Perth, ON, on Sue and Ariel Grange’s Dixson, a 2003 Belgian Warmblood gelding
In addition to the above, Ben Asselin of Calgary, AB, on Attache Stables Makavoy, a 2003 Dutch Warmblood gelding and Chris Sorensen of Caledon, ON, on Britland Hughes and his own Bobby S, a 2002 Dutch Warmblood gelding, will be the other two Canadian Athletes in the International Division.
The Wellington Team is supported by Chef d’Equipe, Mark Laskin, Team Manager, Karen Hendry-Ouellette and Team Veterinarian, Dr. Sylvie Surprenant.
Canada has won the FEI Nations Cup™ in Wellington, FL, a total of five times, claiming victory in 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009 and 2010. The two-round Furusiyya FEI Nations Cup™, presented by G&C Farm, will take place Friday evening, Feb. 28 at 7 p.m.
Young Rider Team
Canada will be represented by the following four combinations in the $10,000 FEI Young Riders Nations Cup, presented by Hollow Creek Farm, on Mar. 1 in the International Arena:
• Bretton Chad of Calgary, AB, on Stone Ridge Farms LLC’s Zeddam, a 2004 Dutch Warmblood gelding;
• Kara Chad of Calgary, AB, on Stone Ridge Farms LLC’s Alberto II, a 2003 Holsteiner gelding;
• Jacqueline Steffens of Harriston, ON, on Double C Stables Quercus Van Generhese, a 2000 Belgian Warmblood gelding;
• Nicole Walker of Aurora, ON, riding her own Blue Loyd 12, a 2000 Oldenburg gelding
Beth Underhill will be the Chef d’Equipe for the Young Riders Team.