The Equestrian Canada (EC) Nominating Committee is pleased to announce the slate of seven candidates selected for presentation to EC’s voting members for consideration as Directors on the 2018 EC Board.
A total of 13 qualified candidates provided a nomination package by the close of the nomination period on June 1, 2018. All candidate applications were reviewed by the EC Nominating Committee members, who are as follows:
- Dominique Chagnon (Chair) – Calixa-Lavallée, QC
- Mike Boyd – Etobicoke, ON
- Krista Foley – Sackville, NS
- Diane Goyette – St. Lazare, QC
- Lorraine MacDonald – Terra Cotta, ON
- Richard Mackenzie – Nestleton, ON
- Karen Sparks – Kanata, ON
In accordance with EC’s By-laws and the Nominating Committee’s mandate to ensure EC has a rigorous nomination system that allows for the recruitment of qualified individuals to stand for election as Directors, the Committee members performed an in-depth review of all applicants. As a result, the Nominating Committee members have unanimously agreed to put forward ballot nominations for the following seven individuals:
- Dr. Wayne Burwash – Calgary, AB
- Craig Collins – Loretto, ON
- Susan Harrison – Crofton, BC
- Elizabeth Mansfield – Ottawa, ON
- Elizabeth Jane Milton – Vancouver, BC
- Amanda Stolarchuk – Kendal, ON
- Robyn Tremblay – Guelph, ON
Further information on the candidates, including curricula vitae and letters of interest can be found at www.equestrian.ca/about/governance/board.
In 2018, there will be up to four (4) Director positions to be filled.
As per Bylaw 4.2, c) Transition:
• Four (4) positions for a three-year term ending in 2021
The next step in the 2018 EC Board election will be for the EC Voting Members to cast their ballots by Aug. 2, 2018. The results of the election will be announced on Aug. 23, 2018.