Theme: The theme of the 2019 Photo Contest is ‘Seasons.’ Show us your horse photos that highlight the best of Canada’s four seasons.
Deadline: The 2019 Photo Contest has closed. Winners will be announced in the 2020 Canadian Horse Annual.
Prizes will be awarded to the top three photos in the Open category as well as the Kids Only category, for photographers 13 years old, and younger.
1. This contest is open only to amateur photographers living in Canada.
2. Multiple entries may be submitted, but only one prize will be awarded per photographer.
3. Photos may be colour or black and white.
4. Photos must be a minimum 300 dpi jpeg, and minimum 4” x 6” in size. If you are unable to determine these requirements, please make sure the file size is more than 500KB. Photos that are too small will not be considered.
5. Photographers 13 and under must include their age on the entry form to be eligible for the kids’ prize.
6. The judge may reclassify entries to other categories to improve the chances of success for the entry.
7. The judge’s decisions are final.
8. All mounted riders in your photos must be practicing safe and responsible horsemanship.
9. Photos must be previously unpublished.
10. Employees of Horse Media Group are ineligible to enter.
11. Prizes may be substituted for others of similar value.
12. Photo entries must be submitted by the photographer or parent/guardian of a minor.
13. All entries become property of the Horse Media Group. Entry in the contest constitutes permission to use photos in any manner the publisher chooses. Photo credit will be given.