A special seminar on horse breeding practices is being held this fall in Fort Erie. The seminar will be of benefit to all interested horse breeders, particularly those with an interest in Quarter Horses. The session will be held:
Friday, October 7, 2011 ~ 1:00 p.m.
Bridgewater Country Club
700 Gilmore Road
Fort Erie, ON L2A 5M4
Topics will include:
– Planned breeding, herd improvement and crosses that work for racing;
– Herd management practices to improve conception and increase the chances of full-term pregnancy;
– Factors affecting fertility and early conception in the broodmare;
– Marketing stallions
– Breeding racehorses for the Ontario racing programs.
– Dan Lucas of Lucas Racing Inc. in Newmarket, Maryland, USA
– Dr. Keith Betteridge, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Guelph
The seminar will be followed by a social and dinner. Tickets for the event are $69.00 and include the seminar and dinner. Pre-registration is required through the Quarter Horse Racing Industry Development Program at 416-213-0520.
The following day, Saturday, October 8th, is opening day for the October Quarter Horse meet at Fort Erie Race Track and will feature the $150,000 added Ontario Jackpot Futurity and the $150,000 added Ontario Jackpot Derby.
The Quarter Horse Racing Industry Development Program is administered by the Ontario Racing Commission. For information on other initiatives supported by the Program, please visit the Quarter Horse section of the Ontario Racing Commission website at http://www.ontarioracingcommission.ca/ or by contacting: