Para-Equestrian Canada has awarded grants to five therapeutic riding centres to help fund initiatives that provide new competition opportunities or increase existing competition programs for riders with a disability.
In the third grant series of the season, grants were awarded to the following centres:
1. Cowichan Therapeutic Riding Association (Duncan, B.C.)
2. Little Bits Therapeutic Riding Association (Edmonton, AB)
3. Pony Pals Therapeutic Riding Association (Delta, BC)
4. SARI Therapeutic Riding (Arva, Ontario)
5. North Fraser Therapeutic Riding Association (Maple Ridge, BC)
The Para-Equestrian Canada competition grant program, introduced in 2008, has awarded more than 61 grants over the past five years to Canada’s therapeutic riding centres. Some examples of how the grants have assisted in introducing riders to sport include: funding for in-house shows, subsidies for riders to receive competitive experience, and funding for new competition-based riding programs.
Para-Equestrian Canada implements a number of programs that support the development of athletes, with the objective of strengthening the athlete pathway within the high performance stream.
For questions related to this project or any other Para-Equestrian Canada initiatives, please contact Para-Equestrian Canada at email@example.com or 613-287-1515 ext. 143.