American rider Lucy Deslauriers has once again taken victory today at the Bromont Olympic Equestrian Park with Kaspara in the FEI opening event in the second week of the International Bromont.
Course designer Michel Vaillancourt offered a long and demanding course for this opening event: with 13 obstacles for 16 efforts, including a double and a triple combination, athletes had to be precise when approaching the obstacles.
The slalom course covered a long distance and forced the athletes to play on the amplitude of the stride while manoeuvring with skills all turns to for optimal impulsion and balance of the horse. Of the 35 rider-horse pairs registered, twelve qualified for the jump-off, including Canadian Lisa Carlsen, Julia Madigan, Susan Horn and Mac Cone, American Jennifer Kocher, Leslie Howard, Catherine Tyree and Lucy Deslauriers, as well as Cormac Hanley (IRL), Fernando Martinez Sommer (MEX) and Maria Victoria Perez (PUR).
First out on the jump-off course, Catherine Tyree and Catungee clock-in the time to beat in the second round with a double clear in 37.68 seconds. Nobody seems able to equal them. Cormac Hanley with Copain Z tries to cut the distance going to the 15th obstacle and while getting a better time, a bar on the ground puts them behind Lisa Carlsen/Malbec, Julia Madigan/Farfelu du Printemps & Mac Cone/Zaia di San Giovanni
Last on the course with Kaspara, a Swedish half-blood mare, young rider Lucy Deslauriers, 19 years-old and twice a winner last week at the International Bromont with her other mount Hester, fights for victory. Lucy Deslauriers shows how well she masters the sport and takes advantage of Kaspara’s (Hip Hop x Siden) qualities, a very fast and agile mare, executing a double clear round in a record time of 35.37 seconds, thus ensuring a third consecutive victory in the international events of the Bromont competitions.
FEI Assante Classic tomorrow
The International Bromont will continue its activities on Friday. The highlight event of the day on August 3 will be the FEI Assante Classic scheduled for 5 o’clock.
International Bromont II FEI Open Welcome
1. Lucy Deslauriers (USA) / Kaspara 0-0, 35.37
2. Catherine Tyree (USA) / Catungee 0-0, 37.68
3. Lisa Carlsen (CAN) / Malbec 0-0, 39.07
4. Julia Madigan (CAN) / Farfelu du Printemps 0-0, 40.13
5. Mac Cone (CAN) / Zaia di San Giovanni 0-0,42.50
6. Cormac Hanley (IRL) / Copain Z 0-4,37.35
7. Leslie Howard (USA) / Quadam 0-4,38.07
8. Fernando Martinez Sommer (MEX) / Cor Bakker 0-4, 38.39
9. Susan Horn (CAN) / KS Coradina 0-4, 39.63
10. Jennifer Kocher (USA) / Caruso 472 0-4, 41.65
11. Maria Victoria Perez (PUR) / Sweet Tricia 0-4, 42.00
12. Lisa Carlsen (CAN) / Parette 0-DNS