Jump Canada is pleased to announce the distribution of Venue Development Funds to nine competitions across the country. The Venue Development Fund, financed by the Jump Canada Levy, directly impacts hunter, jumper and equitation riders and owners across the country through subsidizing improvements at competition facilities.
Since 2004, competitions have been invited to submit applications and receipts of work completed during the current year to the Venue Development Fund. The money is divided among the applications that the committee feels will have the most positive impact on competition improvement and the competitors’ showing experience.
Some examples of funded programs are the purchase of jumps and safety cups, development of natural obstacles like a bank or grob, enhancements to competition facilities and the purchase of equipment such as a ring conditioner. Facility improvements to footing and stabling on competition grounds are also considered.
Jump Canada Venue Development Distribution for 2012
Each competition was awarded $500 towards such improvements as follows:
- Annapolis Valley Exhibition Hunter Jumper Show (NS) – dug out new ring, installed drainage tiles, replaced gravel and placed fabric weave down, replaced majority of footing
- Concours hippiques de Blainville (QC) – replaced footing in Grand Prix ring, created new jumps, purchased security system, improved communication system onsite
- Edmonton Classic/River Valley Horse Show (AB) – Refurbishment of top sand ring, eventual replacement
- Geary Hill Stable Equestrian Challenge #1, #2 (NB) – two liverpools were purchased, yearly repairs to jumps and fillers
- Hants County Exhibition (NS) – cover for outdoor warm-up area, building with proper lighting and excellent footing
- Heart of the Continent (MB) – sand added to warm-up ring, extended hunter ring
- Parc Équestre Olympique de Bromont (QC) – enhanced footing, improved path footing, maintenance to staircase connecting secretary’s booth and competition ring
- Royal Manitoba Winter Fair (MB) – improvement of the competition equipment including new directional flags, new start/stopmarkers for the timers, etc.
- Spruce Meadows (AB) – purchased Olympic Games jump
Please note that the application deadline for 2013 funding is November 29th. Information regarding the Venue Development Fund may be found on the Jump Canada website.