The BC chapter of the Canadian Thoroughbred Horse Society is holding a yearling and mixed sale on September 11th, with intriguing incentives including:
- All yearlings sold will be eligible for CTHS-BC Sales Stakes
- Canadian-breds will be eligible for Canadian sales Stakes Series with over $1 million in purses in BC, Alberta, Manitoba and Ontario (based on 2018 purse levels, purses for any restricted Sales Stakes may be adjusted yearly)
- Owners of a BC-bred that wins a Maiden Special Weight Race at Hastings Racecourse will receive $5,000
Following are the program rules for 2018:
- Each purchaser of a BC bred yearling at the CTHS (BC Div.) 2018 Yearling & Mixed Sale will immediately receive a credit of up to $2,500 toward the purchase price, excluding applicable taxes.
- The program will provide a credit for 50 per cnet of the purchase price of a BC bred up to a maximum benefit of $2,500. The program will provide a minimum $1,000 credit for any BC bred selling in the 2018 CTHS (BC Div.) Sale for $2,000 or less. For example, a horse selling for $2,500 will generate a credit of $1,250; a horse selling for $3,500 will get $1,750; a horse selling for $5,000 or more will receive the maximum $2,500.
- In order to receive this credit, the buyer must commit to leaving the registration papers in the Hastings Race Office for the entirety of the 2019 Hastings Racing Season.
- The registration papers will be released for the sole purpose of the horse running in a stake race in another jurisdiction, but for no other reason.
- Immediately following the stake race the registration papers must be returned to the Hastings Race Office.
- Repayment of all funds received under this incentive program will release the papers to the owner at any time prior to the end of the 2019 Hastings Racing Season.
- Buy backs are not eligible for this incentive.
- To qualify the yearling must be a registered BC bred who is sold to a third-party purchaser either at the time of the CTHS BC sale through the sales ring, or by noon on the day following the sale. All BC bred yearlings sold after the sale, but before noon the following day will be eligible for the credit of up to $2,500 as long as the sale goes through and is confirmed by the CTHS Sales Office and appears on the official sales results sheet for publication.
The sale will be conducted at Thunderbird Showpark in Langley, BC. A preview will be held September 10th at 3:00 p.m. The sale will begin at September 11th at 3:00 p.m. Visit cthsbc.org for details.