Endurance Canada is pleased to announce that nominations are officially being accepted for the following awards:
Endurance Canada Hall of Fame
The Hall of Fame Award is presented to a member of the Canadian endurance community in recognition of long-term commitment, active involvement, and outstanding contributions to Endurance Canada and the sport of endurance riding in Canada.
Ron Janzen Memorial Trophy
The Ron Janzen Memorial Trophy is given to the Endurance Canada member who best displays the same goals, vision and ethics as the late Ron Janzen. A superb athlete who dedicated much of his time to the sport of long distance riding in Canada and internationally, Janzen passed away on Jan. 6, 2008 at the age of 52, leaving behind his loving wife, Christine and children, Brett and Jaylene. Candidates nominated for the Ron Janzen Memorial Trophy should display some or all of the following qualities:
- Dedicated to volunteering time, effort and energy to better the sport of endurance in Canada.
- Willing to help others.
- Devoted to assisting with the management of competitions sanctioned by Endurance Canada.
- Highly knowledgeable about the sport passionate about sharing knowledge with those new to the sport.
Young at Heart
The Young at Heart Award is presented to the Endurance Canada member who has shown the following characteristics over the past year:
- Dedicated to helping and supporting youth in becoming more involved in the sport of endurance riding.
- Committed to assisting youth who are currently in the sport through sponsorship or financial support.
- Proven ability to be a positive role model and mentor for youth. This includes educating youth, not only about the sport, but also about life lessons.
The Youth Appreciation Award is a certificate of appreciation based on the following criteria:
- Willingness to sponsor juniors at rides.
- Mentorship through education of youth at rides.
Support of young riders through trailering, lending horses, crewing at youth events, etc.
Nomination forms for all awards can be found on the EC website HERE. Completed forms can be sent to Wendy Gayfer by email at email@example.com, mail 100-308 Legget Drive, Ottawa, ON K2K 1Y6, or faxed to 613-248-3484.
The deadline to submit nominations is Dec. 15, 2015.