Equestrian Canada (EC) invites applications from individuals with an interest in filling open positions on the 2018 EC Eventing Committee.
The Eventing Committee, an operational committee of EC, is responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to EC management to support the development of eventing in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and national office staff, to provide assistance in implementation of the respective mandates.
Specific responsibilities of the Committee include:
• Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies, and performance targets for the ongoing development of eventing in Canada.
• Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of the Committee’s annual operational priorities and performance targets, and identifying key areas for improvement.
• Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations, and services related to the development of eventing.
• Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to eventing.
• Interfacing as a unit with the equestrian community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges, and achievements within eventing.
• Providing strategic counsel to the EC Director of Sport on matters concerning High Performance programs and services.
Committee members will be appointed by the EC Chief Executive Officer (CEO) upon recommendation of the committee for a term of three (3) years. Each member is eligible to serve up to two (2) terms. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the sport discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical, and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be registered participants in good standing with EC and hold a valid Sport Licence.
How to Apply
Individuals are invited to submit their resume along with an expression of interest highlighting their unique qualifications to serve on the Committee to:
The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence number must be included in the application.
The deadline for applications is Sept. 18, 2017.
For further information, including a detailed list of the core competency considerations, please contact Fleur Tipton at email@example.com.