Equestrian Canada (EC) is now accepting applications from individuals interested in volunteering on EC’s Dressage Committee in 2019.
As an operational committee of EC, the Dressage Committee is responsible for providing strategic guidance and counsel to EC management to support the development of dressage in Canada. The Committee works in collaboration with other EC committees, task forces and national office staff, to provide assistance in implementation of the respective mandates.
Specific responsibilities of the Committee include:
- Advising management on the annual operational priorities, strategies, and performance targets for the ongoing development of dressage in Canada.
- Reviewing and reporting on the achievement of the Committee’s annual operational priorities and performance targets, and identifying key areas for improvement.
- Providing input and feedback to management concerning policies, programs, rules, regulations, and services related to the development of dressage.
- Supporting management in dealing with appeals related to dressage.
- Interfacing as a unit with the equestrian community in partnership with management on key developments, issues, challenges, and achievements within dressage.
- Providing strategic counsel to the EC Director of Sport on matters concerning High Performance programs and services.
Committee members will be appointed by the EC senior leadership upon recommendation of the committee for a term of three (3) years. Each member is eligible to serve up to two (2) terms. In appointing the members of the Committee, consideration is given to diversity, including without limitation, national/international experience and competency in the sport discipline, as well as gender, regional, technical, and linguistic balance.
Members of the Committee must be registered participants in good standing with EC and hold a valid Sport Licence.
How to Apply
Individuals are invited to submit their resume along with an expression of interest highlighting their unique qualifications to serve on the Committee to:
The applicant’s full name and EC Sport Licence number must be included in the application.
The deadline for applications is Nov. 1, 2018.
For further information, including a detailed list of the core competency considerations, please contact Christine Peters at email@example.com.