Equestrian Canada (EC) is pleased to announce the dates for the 2019 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series, which allows athletes to experience competition conditions in the comfort of their home stable and on a familiar horse.
New for 2019, all competitors must hold a current EC Sport Licence for the Bronze level or higher to enter the Para-Dressage Video Competition. This can be renewed or purchased online through MyEC. In order to renew your EC Sport Licence, you must first renew with your Provincial/Territorial Sport Organization (PTSO). In some cases, it may take a few business days for your PTSO to process your renewal before your EC renewal can be completed.
The 2019 competition entry deadlines are:
- Feb. 15, 2019
- March 15, 2019
- April 15, 2019
- May 15, 2019
- Oct. 15, 2019
- Nov. 15, 2019
Online Video Portal
The 2019 Para-Dressage Video Competition Series features an online portal that allows athletes to upload video entries for online review and evaluation from an EC certified para-dressage judge. The portal features the ability to pause, rewind and play the submitted video while simultaneously reviewing the judge’s remarks. This resource provides a great opportunity for riders to implement a judge’s feedback and develop their skills in a competition environment.
Important details to note:
- All riders with physical and/or intellectual impairments are welcome to compete in the Para-Dressage Video Competition Series. Classes are available for both classified and unclassified riders.
o Gold level para-dressage classes are open to classified riders who have experience competing in EC Gold level competitions.
o International para-equestrian dressage classes are open to international classified riders. Classified riders must compete within their grade.
- The para-dressage tests are available at www.equestrian.ca/sport/para-dressage/tests.
- Please read the video competition rules and entry instructions carefully before submitting your entry, as this document contains important information.
o For example, only videos uploaded through YouTube will be permitted. No other formats are accepted.
- Entries for each competition close at 11:59 p.m. ET. Please ensure that you create your video with sufficient time for submission, as all closing dates and times are final and cannot be extended.
- Athletes must be current EC Sport Licence Holders at the Bronze level or higher to participate. Don’t forget to renew your memberships before April 1, 2019 to avoid late fees.
The Para-Dressage Video Competition Series provides riders of all levels and abilities with the opportunity to compete in a progressive and structured environment. Participants are judged by EC certified para-dressage judges against similar riders across Canada, and are eligible to place and win great prizes.
Video competitions encourage riders to develop effective riding skills, and are a fantastic way to ensure that all riders nationwide have the chance to compete. Competition is an integral part of athlete development, and offers a sense of empowerment and accomplishment to all those that participate.
To download class information and to enter online, please visit www.equestrian.ca/sport/para-dressage/programs.
For additional information, please contact:
1-866-282-8395 x 146